Wednesday, March 16, 2011

loose-id

you showed up the night after thanksgiving
pushing sugar on my tongue and filling me.
you say it started earlier? a year before, perhaps,
the night my dendrophilia was fungal born and everything went
loose-id. sooner still? yes, there was the
nothing-badge and there was being born and sometimes when
i am awake but half-alive i can remember meeting you
inside a cavern warm and safe. lately i dream and,
even stranger, i remember. running through a valley
warped by urgency along a stream of vehicles all jostling
and then it hits me, fender up against my back. i walk to the
side of the road
and cry. my friend sits beside me tears like diamonds
crusted at the corners of his portholes. then i am running
through the aisles of the grocery, spiky fruit protesting my
squeezes, naked Anubis skinned and hanging like a three piece suit
in the meat aisle. you were all of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment